I used to visit a profile on Instagram everyday and admire their content. Then one day, all of a sudden, when I visited their profile, got a message “user not found”. I thought this user was here yesterday, what happened. Then, I visited the same profile logging into another Instagram account. To my surprise, I didn’t get that “user not found” message and that profile was there. I concluded, they have blocked my Instagram account. Another case when you might see this “user not found” message is when that person has deactivated or deleted their account.
There might be many reasons for being in someone’s blocklist, such as spying on them, messaging explicit content or if you are a clingy ex. Unfortunately, you don’t get a notification when someone blocks you on Instagram. There are ways you can figure out if someone has blocked you on Instagram.
How to find out if someone has blocked you on Instagram
- You cannot find this person on Instagram from your Instagram account but other Instagram accounts can see their profile and interact with them as well. In this case, you see a message “user not found” when visiting the account of the person who blocked you.
Note: If an account is private, you will see a message “This account is private. Follow them to see their content”, which is different from being blocked.
- If you search for their Instagram handle in the Instagram Search section, you won’t find them.
- You have been removed from their Followers list or Following list
- If you had a conversation via DM with them previously, you won’t find it in the Messages section
- When you try to tag that person in a post and search for their Instagram handle, you won’t find it
How to Avoid being Blocked on Instagram
Create Useful Content
If you bring something valuable to the community, you will gain respect and lessen the chances of being blocked on Instagram.
Spread positivity through your content, your conversation. Avoid engaging in hateful conversation against others.
Collaborating with others can be a powerful way to build meaningful relationships on Instagram. Look for opportunities to join forces with the accounts sharing similar interests.
Communicate with Empathy
In this fast-paced world of social media, it’s easy to misunderstood people. So, communicating with empathy is important to resolve any conflicts which could lead to blocking.